Congratulations to District 56's 2013 International Speech Contest Winners
1st Place Winner: Donna Stevenson (Div P)
2nd Place Winner: Kelly Sargeant (Div M)
3rd Place Winner: Tania Turner (Div L)
Congratulations to the 2013 District 56 Spring Table Topics Contest Winners
1st Place Winner: Charles Samuel (Division R)
2nd Place Winner: Tim DeRosa (Division M)
3rd Place Winner: Natalee Bailey (Division N)
Vice President Membership - Karen G. Blake, DTM / Heritage Plaza Toastmasters
Vice President Public Relations - Bruce Garrett / North Houston Project Management
Club Secretary - Lisa Davis / Speak Up 900!
Club Treasurer - Lori Brown / ConocoPhillips Toastmasters Club
Sergeant at Arms - Belinda Brockman / Dining Out Toastmasters
- Explanation - This District 56 Spirit of Success Award is presented in honor of Bert Mann. Long after he had achieved his personal goals in Toastmasters, District 56 Governor and International Director, Bert continued his commitment to Toastmasters. During his 42 years as a Toastmaster, he contributed his knowledge, experience, legal expertise, and maintained regular attendance at Club and District meetings as long as his health permitted. He was a continuing mentor to individual Toastmasters as well as to District officers.
- Requirement - The award will be presented to a District 56 Toastmaster who exemplifies unselfish service year after year on behalf of Toastmasters.
2012-2013 Winner of the Bert Mann Spirit of Success Award is:
Jeanette Williams-Wade, DTM
For Excellent Service and her unselfish dedication to District 56
David Abel Standard of Excellence Award (1990)
- Explanation – This District 56 Standard of Excellence Award is presented in honor of David Abel. A standard of excellence was a minimal quest for David. As District 56 Governor and Parliamentarian, David inspired and challenged everyone to their highest level of performance.
- Requirement – This award will be presented to a District 56 Toastmaster for exemplary achievement in either personal performance of performance of responsibilities.
2012-2013 Winner of the David Abel Standard of Excellence Award is:
Carol Caraway, DTM
For Leadership Excellence and for reminding us that "Where There's a Will, There's a Way!"
Suzy Gormley Achievement Award (1994)
- Explanation – This District 56 Achievement Award is presented in honor of Suzy Gormley. Despite the depth of her physical distress, Suzy maintained an active role in Toastmasters culminating with her term as District 56 Governor in 1982-83. She inspired all Toastmasters through her unfailing positive attitude, smiling and caring manner, passion for excellence, and her devotion to helping others succeed.
- Requirement – This award will be presented to a District 56 Toastmaster who, despite adversity, continues to regularly attend meetings, maintain leadership roles, and participate in Toastmaster activities.
2012-2013 Winner of the Suzy Gormley Achievement Award is:
Fran Kanz, DTM
For Excellence in Service with the Forum 56 newsletter
For Excellence in Service serving the needs of the district
For Excellence in Service with the Spring Conference Program
For Excellence in Service with the New Clubs
For Excellence in Service and Integrity
Division L Governor: Thomas Rush, CC, ALB
Division M Governor: Cynthia Abdon, DTM
Division N Governor: Cornelia van Herel, ACB
Division O Governor: Kalyan Dusi, ACB, ALB
Division P Governor: Carolyn Jarrett, ACS, ALB
Division Q Governor: Sandeep Rout, CC, CL
Division R Governor: Sharad Kalghagti, ACS, ALB
Congratulations to our newly elected district officers! We look forward to your leadership and service to the members and clubs of District 56 in the upcoming Toastmasters year!
District 56 Toastmasters is pleased to celebrate the following clubs for
adding five or more new, dual or reinstated members to their roster between February 1 and March 31
as part of the Talk Up Toastmasters Membership Drive.
For the month of April, District 56 Toastmasters is pleased to recognize and award Chris White with the Unsung HERO Award. Chris is a member of Club # 1530349 / BestAssets.
Congratulations Chris. You are a true leader. Chris will be presented with a Toastmasters Pin by his Area Governor during the month of April. Please Celebrate and Congratulate Chris.
See why Chris was recommended as a D56 Unsung HERO and how you too can recommend someone who is not in District Leadership but you saw doing great work for members or clubs.
« Your Club’s Accomplishments
« Your Member’s Achievements
At the District 56 Spring Conference 2013
We will present a slide show throughout the conference, where
each club will be highlighted as in the following example.
But, we need a picture of your club members with your banner showing club spirit!
Arrange to take your club’s picture at your next meeting and email it by April 30, 2013 to:
Kim Walker Chair, PowerPoint (Banner) Committee
Also, please bring your club banner to the conference! –Kasmira Sutaria will be arranging
the display of banners throughout the conference venue.
District 56 is proud to award the Triple Crown Award to the following 17 members, for completing and filing 3 or more Educational Awards during this Toastmasters Year (2012-2013).
Our Awards and Recognitions Chair, Jeanette Williams-Wade, DTM will be contacting these members to give them their triple crowns so they can wear them proudly at the 55th Anniversary Spring Conference on May 17th and 18th.
Please reach out and congratulate these members for achieving their goals.
District 56 Toastmasters proudly congratulates the following 14 Clubs for
having all 7 Club Officers trained at a TLI between Dec 1, 2012 and Feb 28, 2013.
These clubs will be rewarded with a Super 7 Banner Pin.
Please reach out and congratulate the officers and members of these clubs.
It all starts with Officer Lists and Officer Training.
The clubs with the asterisk * are clubs which had all 7 Club Officers trained at TLIs during both rounds (June-Aug & Dec-Feb).